I already have a Will, why should I rewrite my Will?
It depends very much on any change in circumstances and whether such change is adequately provided for in your will. You may consider rewriting your will in any of the following circumstances:
- Marriage, separation, divorce or remarriage;
- Birth or adoption of a child;
- Death of a family member or other beneficiary of your estate;
- When there is a new member of the family and/or new beneficiary whom you want to add;
- When you want to change your beneficiaries or the proportion of distribution;
- When your appointed executor, trustee or guardian dies or is unable to act as such;
- When you decide to name someone else as your executor, trustee or guardian;
- When the size of your estate changes significantly;
- When there are changes probate or tax laws that could affect your estate.