The parties to a Will are the:
- Testator – a person who writes the Will.
- Executor(s) – A person(s) or a trust corporation appointed by the testator to administer his/her estate
- Trustee(s) - Person(s) or trust corporation appointed in a Will to hold on trust for beneficiaries who inherit assets in a Will.
- Guardian - A person appointed to take care of the welfare of minor children.
- Beneficiaries - Person(s) or entities (eg. a charity) who receive gifts under a Will.
- Two Witnesses - two independent parties who witnessed the testator signing the Will. The three parties (i.e. 2 witnesses and testator) must sign the Will in the presence of each other. The two witnesses are to confirm that the testator is sound mind when signing his/her Will.